Corporate Environmental Health and Safety Manager APPLY NOW
Corporate Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
We have an opening for a Corporate Environmental, Health & Safety Manager based out of our corporate headquarters in Madison Heights, Michigan. This is a new position at Second Nature Brands reporting to the Chief Supply Chain Officer. With solid knowledge of 29CFR-General Industry Standards, Workers Compensation, and applicable environmental regulations, this role will lead the planning, execution, monitoring and continuous improvement of SNB’s environmental health and safety programs for our 4 Metro Detroit facilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain the company’s EHS program documentation.
- Develop annual EHS plans identifying functional activities, training, ergonomic and other EHS improvements needed with action plans and target implementation dates.
- Integrate an EHS culture at all levels of the organization.
- Develop and implement leading and lagging KPI tracking and reporting including first aid cases, accidents, and lost time accidents, and near misses to determine injury trends and develop plans for improvement.
- Organize and conduct all necessary EHS training as required by regulatory law and Second Nature Brands
- Develop an operational checklist regarding all OSHA requirements for 29 CFR General Industry 1910 and all Subparts to help assure that the facility meets regulatory requirements
- Develop a contractor EHS program to assure that all contractors performing work on site follow established facility EHS requirements and that they follow and comply with OSHA requirements.
- Partner with corporate engineering and site maintenance to manage environmental compliance.
- Partner with HR to assure effective post injury management and compliance with workers compensation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS or related field
- 3+ years of experience managing EHS in a manufacturing environment.
- CSP preferred. Other Related credentials a plus (e.g. CIH, OHST).
- Experience managing workers compensation.
- In-depth knowledge of 29CFR-General Industry Standards and Workers Compensation laws.
- Change manager with excellent people skills.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer-Second Nature Brands is a leading U.S. manufacturer of premium and better-for-you snacking and treat products. Through new product development, thoughtful ingredient sourcing, and a focus on nature, Second Nature Brands is reimagining the way people enjoy snacks and treats. We are going further, producing products and seeking out opportunities that feed our communities, help nature thrive, and deliver financial results to our stakeholders. Our family of brands, Kar's®, Second Nature® and Sanders Fine Chocolatiers®, craft better snacks and treats built to nourish the body and the spirit. For more information on Second Nature Brands, please visit www.secondnaturebrandsus.com.
APPLICATION FORM * Required